Major Media Hits
GO Devices, Inc. was created in 2013 when founder Doros Kyriakoulis recognized the need for a better way to charge mobile devices while on the go. With the boom in wearable and mobile technology, Kyriakoulis felt there should be more a smarter, more convenient charging option, so he created GOkey. The device’s primary function is to act as a portable emergency battery, offering up to two hours of battery life for mobile devices. In addition to its charging function, GOkey also acts as a storage device- allowing users to store music, pictures, movies, and other documents that can only be accessed with a password. Additionally, GOkey allows users to find their missing mobile devices or keys using Bluetooth and GPS technology.
The GOkey founders approached Command Partners for help raising funds necessary to move their product into the next stages of design and manufacturing. In order to complete and mass-produce the GOkey, they needed to crowdfund at least $40,000 on Indiegogo. The founders needed assistance promoting the GOkey Indiegogo campaign from the very beginning to gain awareness for the project. Additionally, the massive amount of backers necessitated the deployment of a full-service agency with PR capabilities like Command Partners to keep all of GOkey’s audience happy.
After a competitive analysis of similar products on Indiegogo and in the market, Command Partners was able to craft a targeted media list and outreach campaign. Additionally, Command Partners created engaging content on social media channels to reach top influencers, resulting in high-profile coverage and continued momentum throughout the crowdfunding campaign. The team also leveraged the Indiegogo platform to announce stretch goals and upsells to existing funders, as well as make status updates that encouraged supporters to tell their family, friends and networks about GOkey’s campaign.
- Indiegogo Campaign Strategy and Execution - launched campaign, sent out updates to funders, and helped developed stretch goals
- Public Relations - drafted and distributed press releases, pitched relevant media contacts, and secured placement with influential outlets
- Social Media Management and Design - created cohesive profile pictures and backgrounds, posted engaging content daily, interacted with fans and followers, reached out to relevant people, and measured analytics
- Customer relations - responded in a timely fashion to a very high volume of backer requests, distributor inquiries, and more using ZenDesk
Both the GOkey and Command Partners teams worked together to successfully go above and beyond the Indiegogo goal for the emergency device. GOkey’s crowdfunding campaign raised a total of $1,032,812, which is 2,582% of its original $40,000 funding goal. The Command Partners team also effectively gained online awareness of GOkey’s campaign by achieving the following:
- Increased GOkey’s presence and fan base on social media
- Twitter followers increased by 115%
- Established and grew Google+ account from 0 to 4,539 views
- The Command Partners team was successful in driving the intended audience to the Indiegogo page through social media, press releases and media coverage, aggregating 997 total clicks on the bit.ly link
- GOkey set four stretch goals including GPS location, USB 3.0, phone remote, and a file manager app at the $500K, $650K, $800K and $1 million levels, and managed to raise enough money to bring them all to life
- GOkey was covered in:
- CNET, Technology Tell, Digital Blog, Miek Shouts, Backerjack, Daily Mobile, Gadget Sin, iGeeks Blog, Crowdfund Insider, Gadget Review, softzilla, Trend Hunter, The Gadget Flow, TechDive, Digital Trends, Android Community, Lifehack, and more