Increase in Unique Pageviews
Increase in all Sessions
Increase in all Users
Increase in Organic Mobile Sessions
Goodwill Industries of the Southern Piedmont began in 1965 as an independent Goodwill affiliate agency, and has grown to be a nationwide leader in regional workforce development serving 18 counties in North and South Carolina.
Goodwill Industries of the Southern Piedmont came to Command Partners in need of a new website. Specifically, objectives were to:
- Convey the Goodwill mission, purpose and services
- Show a clear path of the Goodwill cycle, from donation through client success
- Provide an easy-to-use site for all stakeholders and Goodwill staff
- Enhance the brand
- Provide a more dynamic site using a modern, clean design that is engaging for visitors
- Enhance the navigation so people can quickly find what they need, based on website traffic data
Command Partners’ strategy for creating a user-friendly website for Goodwill Industries of the Southern Piedmont involved highlighting information that users find valuable on the homepage and simplifying the navigation so that visitors could easily find what they came to the site for. The agency used previous website traffic data in order to prioritize the needs of website visitors.
In order to enhance Goodwill’s brand online, Command Partners wanted the homepage of the website to not only contain information useful to visitors, but also feature the mission, purpose and services of the organization so that visitors understand its values.
Command Partners was able to successfully develop a new website for Goodwill Industries of the Southern Piedmont that highlighted the Goodwill mission, purpose and services on the home page. This makes it easy for visitors to understand exactly what the company does and how it affects the community.
Command Partners also analyzed past user behavior to determine the key focal points of the Goodwill website. Engagement metrics highlighted the most viewed pages, while heatmaps gave the agency insight into what functionality caught the eye of users. Command Partners then optimized the website around the aspects users proved to show the most interest in.
Having a website that is easy to use and navigate helps ease users’ frustrations and keeps them on the site longer. Command Partners made the new site more functional by incorporating new navigation so that any user could find exactly what they were looking for, without having to dig around the site. The agency also increased functionality by creating a responsive design so that users could find all the information they needed, even when using a mobile device.
When comparing the six month period after the redesign to the same period last year, we observed:
- 50.6% increase in unique pageviews
- 43.66% increase in all sessions
- 63.28% increase in all users
- 22.25% increase in organic users
- 715.72% increase in organic mobile sessions
- 9.27% decrease in bounce rate